Marketer by birth, Geek by design, Diver by choice, Bengal for life, MailChimp Champ from experience
How did end up where am now?
I’ve been in marketing & sales my entire business life (got a marketing degree, worked both in clients and marketing agencies, got an MBA) and since 2009 have been working exclusively with small businesses, helping them with their marketing (& MailChimp).
What makes me different?
My skill set is pretty unique in that not only do I have years of experience in marketing, both traditional and digital, I'm extremely tech savvy (many would accuse me of being a geek!). I've built websites, recorded videos, run google adwords & Facebook ad campaigns and sent thousands of emails both for myself and customers. This combo means that not only have a good handle on what should actually be focused on from a marketing point of view, but I understand what it takes to actually do it - saving you time and money in the process.
I’ve been using MailChimp as my primary tool for about 7 years now, and it fits perfectly with my market, my skill set, and what I know people need - but I’m not a MailChimp shill - it’s good at some things, but not at others - which is why I look to combine it with other systems when required to get the best for my customers.
...but I use MailChimp every day and it's the only email marketing system (EMA) my business uses... so I don't just talk the talk... I walk the walk.
I also launched MailChimp Answers as a group on Facebook, and it's the largest community of MailChimp users on Facebook by some distance.
How Can I Help?
Being part Marketer and Part Geek/Chimp means that everything I look at is done through the prism of marketing... it's about results, not the tech - but understanding MailChimp to the level I do means that I understand most of the problems a small business is likely to face.
- Account Structure, Lists, Groups, Automations, Forms, Campaigns, Deliverability, etc. etc.
Plus, having been a successful scuba diving instructor for a number of years, I've got a good handle on the teaching side of things (trust me, convincing someone who's not a big fan of water to put their head under the surface is much harder then most MailChimp challenges!!!)
How Can't I Help?
I like to be 100% honest and transparent, so there are still a few things that I'm working on to help me broaden my experience.
- My knowledge of some of the tech/API/dev stuff in MailChimp is limited (I'm a marketer and not a coder!)
- I can turn my hand to web design and email template design when required... but I'm in marketing because too much coding is a bit dry for me, so if you want a fully fledged template, I may not be the best person for you.
- I'm improving my e-commerce skillset (Woocommerce and Shopify), but I'm not quite ready to delve in and provide detailed advice on that.... yet !!!
So What's Next?
If you want to work with me, there are a number of options available:
- A quick 15 minute chat so I can get a bit more detail about you, your challenges and how I might help. This is for "bigger" projects and ongoing support and is a good way for me to get to know the challenges you are facing. This is not a teaching/guidance session - more of a "getting to know you" chat.
- A 30 minute "MailChimp Medical" Consult - If you've got a specific problem, you can book a 30 minute chat with me and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction with the issues you are facing.
- A 60 minute "MailChimp Medical" Consult - Like the above.... but double the time, so we can really get into the nitty gritty of the issues you are facing.
If you are booking a paid MailChimp Medical... then you need to make sure you're clear when booking on some basic questions - this will help me get a handle on the likely issues you might be facing, and save time faffing around at the start of the session - I want to make sure you're getting value for money, so the less time wasted, the better for both of us.
...Plus I'll probably need to be added to your MailChimp account to allow me to get to the heart of the matter...
All "Medicals" are done via Zoom which allows you to see what I'm talking about and will be recorded for your reference.
...and of course, feel free to drop me a message if you've got any questions about all of this...