I work personally with you to help you reach your own personal goals in yoga and healing work, whether you are just starting out, or you are trying to have a career as a yoga teacher.
How can I serve you?
- If you are new to yoga, or still learning the fundamentals, I work privately and teach workshops to help you achieve your own personal goals for health, fitness, strength, balance, and knowledge.
- If you are a new yoga teacher and you want to become an excellent teacher, I teach you how to apply the skills of the learning profession to your yoga teaching.
- If you are a long time yoga teacher or a healing professional who has gone on a unique journey to become extraordinary at what you do, but aren't sure how to explain to people what they do, and who haven't figured out how to make a sustainable living as a teacher, I'll help you figure out the business side that will help you create a business that can support you doing what you love.
- If you are a yoga teacher or healing professional who wants to learn how to use technology like web pages, Facebook, and BookMe pages to connect to students who are seeking to work with them, I'll help you get started getting online.
Who don't I serve?
- I'm not very interested in Deepak Chopra, Eckhart Tolle, and other popular spiritual writers. If you are seeking more knowledge about these teachings, I am not a good person for you.
- I don't know much about social media other than Facebook, but can refer you to someone who does.
- Currently I do not teach asana online as I do not have a stable internet connection in my teaching space.
What's my background?
I've been practicing yoga before yoga became cool. I was a young adult hanging out with a bunch of aging hippies who discovered yoga during the big craze in the 70's and were still doing it even though it wasn't in vogue anymore, because they still loved it.
I have studied yoga for over 25 years in the Iyengar, Kripalu, Anusara, and Freedom Style yoga traditions.
I am a long time student of Erich Schiffmann and assisted him at workshops. I hold a teacher training from him, as well as Donna Farhi, among others.
I ran the largest and longest running yoga discussion board, the Moving Into Stillness Discussion board for 15 years, where I talked with yogis all over the world practicing all kinds of styles of yoga.
I know what issues yoga teachers have, and many of the solutions through years of simply participating in the conversations about yoga of all styles.
I recently received my Masters of Engineering with a focus in Engineering Management, where I learned small business skills and formal product development practices.
I have worked professionally as a technical writer and instructional designer for software development and engineering companies - writing long books and creating e-learning courses. There I served on product development teams and learned about marketing, branding, product development, and pricing.
I also owned my owned web design company.
Now I bring all of my yoga experience and all of business skills in service to the yoga and healing arts community.
I conduct meetings through Zoom videoconferencing. You will receive a link by email or Facebook private message after you book.
(631)213-7158 - call or text